For immediate release
CAT IN THE HAT TOPS BESTSELLER LIST – 50 YEARS AFTER ITS RELEASE
(Victoria, BC – 13 February 2007) Fast approaching its 50th anniversary, The Cat in the Hat is currently topping the bestseller list at AbeBooks.com – the world’s largest online marketplace for new, used, rare and out-of-print books.
Written by Dr Seuss, the children’s classic from 1957 features just 236 unique words and proved learner reading books could be fun. It will be 50 years old on March 2 when the National Education Association is conducting a ‘National Read Aloud’ of the book across schools, libraries, and book clubs.
AbeBooks.com’s bestselling books for the week of 4-11 February 2007:
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- My Little Bible by Stephanie Britt
- Carlota by Scott O’Dell
- Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard Foster
- Photoshop Elements 3 for Windows & Macintosh by Craig Hoeschen
- The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- China Lake by Meg Gardiner
- Ferrari F1 by Rainer Schlegelmilch
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Tolle Eckhart
AbeBooks is the world’s largest online marketplace for books, with over 100 million new, used, rare, and out-of-print titles listed for sale by thousands of independent booksellers from around the world. AbeBooks has millions of registered customers who collectively purchase up to 25,000 books a day from its 5 global websites (Abebooks.com, Abebooks.co.uk, Abebooks.de, Abebooks.fr and Iberlibro.com). A true internet success story, AbeBooks.com has been selling books online since 1996, and is a private company based in Victoria, BC Canada, with offices in Germany, Spain and USA.
Richard Davies, PR & Publicity Mgr., AbeBooks.com
Office Ph: (250) 412 3238 / e-mail email@example.com